Dr. Xiaohong Zheng, male, professor in condensed matter physics, was born in May 1975 in Longhui County, Hunan Province, China. He received his B.S. and M.S. degrees from Hunan Normal University in 1998 and 2001 respectively and Ph.D degree from the Institute of Solid State Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS） in 2005. Since that, he has been working in the Institute of Solid State Physics, CAS. During 2006-2008, he worked as a Post-doctoral fellow in North Carolina State University, USA. Currently, his research interests mainly focus on electron, spin and thermal transport in nano- and molecular devices by first principles calculations; study of electronic structures in clusters, nanostructures, surfaces and interfaces; method and code development for transport study in nano-electronic devices with complex structures; acceleration of first principles calculations based on GPU programming. Thus far, he has published over 70 papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Institute of Solid State Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 350 Shushanhu Road, Hefei 230031, Anhui Province, China
1. J. Lan, *X. H. Zheng, H. Hao, X. L. Wang, X. Q. Shi and Z. Zeng, Electrical switching in a Fe-thiacrown molecular device, J. Appl. Phys. 115, 013702 (2014)
2. X. H. Zheng, H. Hao, J. Lan, X. L. Wang, X. Q. Shi and Z. Zeng, First principles study on the electronic transport properties of C60 and B80 molecular bridges, J. Appl. Phys. 116, 073703 (2014)
3. R. N. Wang, *X. H. Zheng, H. Hao and *Z. Zeng, First-Principles Analysis of Corrugations, Elastic Constants, and Electronic Properties in Strained Graphyne Nanoribbons, J. Phys. Chem. C 118, 23328 (2014)
4. X. L. Wang, X. H. Zheng, and Z. Zeng, Ferromagnetic Sandwich-like Wires Constructed with Transition Metals and Anthracene, Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 032404 (2013)
5. X. H. Zheng, X. L. Wang, L. F. Huang, H. Hao, J. Lan, and Z. Zeng, Stabilizing the ground state in zigzag-edged graphene nanoribbons by dihydrogenation, Phys. Rev. B 86, 081408(R) (2012).
6. X. H. Zheng, J. Lan, X. L. Wang, L. F. Huang, H. Hao, and Z. Zeng, Orbital symmetry induced conductance switching in a graphene nanoribbon heterojunction with different edge hydrogenations, Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 053101 (2012)
7. H. Hao, X. H. Zheng, L. L. Song, R. N. Wang and Z. Zeng, Electrostatic spin crossover in a molecular junction of a single-molecule magnet Fe2, Physical Review Letters 108, 017202(2012).
8. L. F. Huang, X. H. Zheng, G. R. Zhang, L. L. Li, and Z. Zeng, Understandings on the Bandgap, Magnetism, and Kinetics of Graphene Nanostripes in Graphane, J. Phys. Chem. C 115, 21088(2011)
9. X. H. Zheng, W. Lu, T. A. Abtew, V. Meunier and J. Bernholc, Negative Differential Resistance in C60-Based Electronic Devices, ACS Nano 4, 7205-7210 (2010).
10. X. H. Zheng, X. L. Wang, T. A. Abtew, and Z. Zeng, Building Half-Metallicity in Graphene Nanoribbons by Direct Control over Edge States Occupation, J. Phys. Chem. C 114, 4190 (2010).