Dr. Zhikun Wu, received his Ph. D degree from Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2004. Before joining Institute of Solid State Physics as a “Hundred Talents Program” PI of Chinese Academy of Sciences, he conducted postdoctoral researches at University of Tokyo, Carnegie Mellon University, etc.
Small size, wonderful world! The atomically mono-disperse ultrasmall metal nanoparticles (less than ~3nm) emerging as a novel materials have become a focus of attention in a wide range of fields, from chemistry to physics and nanotechnology in recent years, not only due to their intriguing physicochemical properties, but also due to their promising applications in a number of fields such as catalysis, optics, chemical sensing, and biomedicine. Our works focus on the synthesis, property and application (environmental, energetic, and biomedical) researches of such “small package”.
Education and working experiences
2010-present professor at Institute of Solid State Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2004-2010 Postdoctoral Research, University of Tokyo, Carnigie Mellon University, etc.
2001-2004 Ph. D, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Postdoc and graduate student positions are available in the lab. Students and postdocs with strong background in chemistry/materials are very welcome, especially those with high self-motivation are highly preferred. If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 1129, Institute of Solid State Physics, CAS
350 Shushanhu Road
Hefei, Anhui Province 230031, China
(1) L. Liao, S. Zhou, Y. Dai, L. Liu, C. Yao, C. Fu, J. Yang*, and Z. Wu*, Mono-Mercury Doping of Au25 and the HOMO/LUMO Energies Evaluation Employing Differential Pulse Voltammetry, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 9511-9514
(2) C. Yao, J. Chen, M.-B. Li, L. Liu, J. Yang, and Z. Wu*, Adding Two Active Silver Atoms on Au25 Nanoparticle, Nano lett., 2015, 15, 1281-1287
(3) Z.Wu*, Anti-Galvanic Reduction of Thiolate-Protected Gold and Silver Nanoparticles, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2012, 51, 2934–2938
(4) Z. Wu*, M. A. MacDonald, J. Chen, P. Zhang, and R. Jin*, Kinetic Control and Thermodynamic Selection in the Synthesis of Atomically Precise Gold Nanoclusters, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 9670–9673（IF：12.113）
(5) Z. Wu and R. Jin*, On the Ligand’s Role in the Fluorescence of Gold Nanoclusters, Nano lett., 2010, 10, 2568–2573 (IF：13.592）
(6) Z. Wu, E. Lanni, W. Chen, M. E. Bier, D. Ly, and R. Jin*, High Yield, Large Scale Synthesis of Thiolate-Protected Ag7 Clusters, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 16672–16674
(7) Z. Wu, C.Gayathri, R. R. Gil, and R. Jin*, Probing the Structure and Charge State of
Glutathione-Capped Au25(SG)18 Clusters by NMR and Mass Spectrometry, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 6535–6542