Guowen. Meng is a Research Professor at Institute of Solid State Physics (ISSP, CAS), where he is also the Director of the institute. He received his B. E. in 1984, M. E. in 1987, and Ph. D. in 1996 in M. S. & E., from Northwestern Polytechnic University, Xi’an, China. He was Associate Professor and Lecturer at the same University in 1989-1996. He has performed post-doctoral research at ISSP in 1996-1998. After appointed as Full Professor in ISSP in 1999, he later worked in Dept. of M.S. & E. at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy, NY, USA) as a post-doc from Nov. 2002 to Dec. 2004. In 2005, he was selected in “100 Talent Program” of CAS, and in the same year, he earned the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars. His main research interests focus on fabrication of one-dimensional nanostructures and environmental applications of nanomaterials. He has authored and co-authored more than 180 peer-reviewed international journal papers. His entire publications have been cited for over 7600 times. The H-index of his publications is 43. He has received the 1st class Natural Science Award (Anhui Province) in 2003 and 2014, the Science & Technology Award for Yong Scientists (Anhui Province) in 2006, and the 2nd class of the State Natural Science Award in China in 2006.
Postdoc and graduate student positions are available. Students and postdocs with strong background in condensed mater physics, materials sciences, chemistry and physics are very welcome.
Institute of Solid State Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P. O. Box 1129, 350 Shushan Hu Road, Hefei, Anhui Province 230031, PRC
Selected Publications in the last five years
1. Xianglong Zhao, Guowen Meng*, Qiaoling Xu, Fangming Han and Qing Huang. Color fine-tuning of CNTs@AAO composite thin films via isotropically etching porous AAO before CNTs growth and color modification by water infusion. Adv. Mater. 22, 2637-2641 (2010).
2. Zhulin Huang, Guowen Meng*, Qing Huang, Yajun Yang, Chuhong Zhu and Chaolong Tang. Improved SERS Performance from Au Nanopillar Arrays by Abridging the Pillar Tip Spacing by Ag-Sputtering. Adv. Mater. 22, 4136-4139 (2010).
3. Bensong Chen, Qiaoling Xu, Xianglong Zhao, Xiaoguang Zhu, Mingguang Kong and Guowen Meng*. Branched Silicon Nanotubes and Metal Nanowires via AAO-Template-Assistant Approach. Adv. Funct. Mater.20, 3791-3796 (2010).
4. Bensong Chen, Guowen Meng*, Qiaoling Xu, Xiaoguang Zhu, Mingguang Kong, Zhaoqin Chu, Fangming Han, and Zhuo Zhang. Crystalline Silicon Nanotubes and Their Connections with Gold Nanowires in Both Linear and Branched Topologies. ACS NANO 4 (12), 7105-7112 (2010).
5. Fangming Han, Guowen Meng*, Qiaoling Xu, Xiaoguang Zhu, Xianglong Zhao, Bensong Chen, Xiangdong Li, Dachi Yang, Zhaoqin Chu, Mingguang Kong. Alumina-sheathed Nanocables with Cores of Various Structures and Materials. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 50, 2036-2040 (2011) (Highlighted in the frontispiece on first page of the Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011－50/9).
6. Xiangdong Li, Guowen Meng*, Qiaoling Xu, Mingguang Kong, Xiaoguang Zhu, Zhaoqin Chu and An-Ping Li. Controlled Synthesis of Germanium Nanowires and Nanotubes with Variable Morphologies and Sizes. Nano Letters 11, 1704-1709 (2011).
7. Haibin Tang, Guowen Meng*, Qing Huang*, Zhuo Zhang, Zhulin Huang, and Chuhong Zhu. Arrays of Cone-Shaped ZnO Nanorods Decorated with Ag Nanoparticles as 3D Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering Substrates for Rapid Detection of Trace Polychlorinated Biphenyls. Adv. Funct. Mater. 22, 218-224 (2012).
8. Xiangdong Li, Guowen Meng*, Shengyong Qin, Qiaoling Xu, Zhaoqin Chu, Xiaoguang Zhu, Mingguang Kong, and An-Ping Li. Nanochannel-Directed Growth of Multi-Segment Nanowire Heterojunctions of Metallic Au1-xGex and Semiconducting Ge Nanochannel-Directed Growth of Multi-Segment Nanowire Heterojunctions of Metallic Au1-xGex and Semiconducting Ge. ACS NANO 6 (1), 831-836 (2012).
9. Meiling Wang, Guowen Meng*, Qing Huang,* Yiwu Qian. Electrospun 1,4-DHAQ-doped Cellulose Nanofiber Films for Reusable Fluorescence Detection of Trace Cu2+ and Further for Cr3+. Environ. Sci. Technol. 46, 367-373 (2012).
10. Xianglong Zhao, Guowen Meng*, Fangming Han, Xiangdong Li, Bensong Chen, Qiaoling Xu, Xiaoguang Zhu, Zhaoqin Chu, Mingguang Kong & Qing Huang. Nanocontainers Made of Various Materials with Tunable Shape and Size. Sci. Rep. 3 : 2238 | DOI: 10.1038/srep02238
11. Xiujuan Wang, Guowen Meng*, Chuhong Zhu, Zhulin Huang, Yiwu Qian, Kexi Sun and Xiaoguang Zhu. A generic synthetic approach to large-scale pristine-graphene/metal-nanoparticles hybrids. Adv. Funct. Mater. 23, 5771-5777 (2013). (Cover-paper)
12. Mingtao Li, Guowen Meng*, Qing Huang, Shile Zhang. Improved sensitivity of polychlorinated-biphenyl-orientated porous-ZnO surface photovoltage sensors from chemisorption-formed ZnO-CuPc composites. Sci. Rep. 4: 4284 | DOI: 10.1038/srep04284
13. Zhuo Zhang, Guowen Meng*, Qiang Wu, Zheng Hu, Jingkun Chen, Qiaoling Xu & Fei Zhou. Enhanced Cold Field Emission of Large-area Arrays of Vertically Aligned ZnO-nanotapers via Sharpening: Experiment and Theory. Sci. Rep. 4: 4676 | DOI: 10.1038/srep04676 (2014).
14. Chuhong Zhu, Guowen Meng*, Qing Huang, Xiujuan Wang, Yiwu Qian, Xiaoye Hu, and Haibin Tang. ZnO-Nanotaper Array Sacrificial Templated Synthesis of Noble-Metal Building-Block Assembled Nanotube Arrays as 3D SERS-Substrates. Nano Research 8, 957-966 (2015). (Cover-paper)